Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Well that took a while....

I am not going to lie....I am a slow scrapper but these have been a long time in making.

I started both of these layouts in September.....2012.

When I started these layouts I was house sitting for a friend and took a scrapbook kit I made from my stash but then I kind of got stumped on the both of them, one was finding the right alpha stickers and the other was more of an embellishment issue.







Nosey Norah.
I Just loved this American Crafts paper when I first laid eyes on it but it has proven to be very difficult to actually use, finally I found the perfect photo but the busy pattern made it hard to work with and then place any kind of title but time was my friend and then finally Thickers to the rescue, once I found the bigger of the fonts it was easy to match something else in and that was the black typewriter alpha that is an early 2000's Pebbles, how I love finding uses for my vintage stash.  Another notable old stash appearance is from those glorious Sassafras Lass corner stickers and that green leaf which I believe is Green Tara from the pre 2005.




Make a note of this moment.
This one proved the most difficult to finish off as I just could not find the right embellishments to finish, and as much as I love the papers that I used they are very different from the colour palette that I would normally use.  The best part of this layouts though is that gold dot vellum peeking out from behind the photos, I totally missed out on that most coveted Dear Lizzy vellum when it made its rounds in the scrapbooking world but I figured that with a stamp I already owned and some gold embossing powder I too could have a comparable product....winnning.

No comments: